This week Hannah and Acadia review the Shudder movie The Mortuary Collection. Spoilers abound so...Read More
Come discuss The Outisder with Mells! One of King’s more recent novels, it’s got all the classic King tropes – horror, supernatural, true crime. Plus it’s getting an adaptation on HBO in January!Read More
This is a special 20th episode – dedicated to Angelo! I hope you enjoy this review on Carrie White and all her spooky glory! Plus Mells dresses up!Read More
Come discuss The Shining with Mells! We’re talking novel, film adaptation, King’s feelings on said adaptation, miniseries, and other adaptations as well. Here’s Mellsy with your pick for today’s episode! This is a special request from Ali – Ali, here’s to you!Read More
Come discuss everything Duma Key with Mells! This is a special request for Julie – thank you, Julie!Read More
This is a special 11th episode of 31 Days with the King with a double feature! Come discuss Desperation and The Regulators (Richard Bachman) with Mells! We’re talking novels, film adaptation for Desperation, crazy scary Audible narration, and Mells’ pup decides to give his opinion as well!Read More
Come discuss Pet Sematary with Mells! We’re talking novel, film adaptations, and that sequel as well (sometimes dead is better).Read More
Come discuss everything Cujo with Mells! We’re talking novel, film adaptation, that other adaptation, and the importance of vaccinating your pets.Read More
- Pauline DakinSo if when you were a kid you had to move all the time and worry about assassins and your mom pulled you out of school in the middle of the day to hide from kidnappers would you find it exciting? I ask because that is exactly what happened to Pauline Dakin growing up. The […]
- Elma Sands - The Manhattan Well MurderTake a young couple who might be in love, the bustling city of Manhattan, and a mystery and you have a good story. Make the year 1799, add Alexander Hamilton and Aaron Burr, and add a liberal serving of the first recorded murder trial transcript in the history of the United States and you have […]
- The Disappearance of Larry GriffinWe take the letter carrier who gives us our bills and Bed Bath and Beyond coupons for granted, but back in 1929, Larry Griffin, the postman for Stradbally, Ireland, got taken in a very different way. Join us for the tale of how some townies ruined the Christmas of a genteel (and drunk) civil servant!
- ElephantsThe glory that is elephants is really something to behold. They are smart, empathetic, and sometimes deadly! Join us as we look into why elephants kill, who they kill, and get all judgey about whether or not the killings are justified. The whales of the land are ready to be explored!
- The Anasazi Part 2We wrap up Native American Heritage Month with the second half of the story of the people in the Southwest who built an amazing society and then just sort of melted away. Where did they go? Well that's what we are going to try to find out in the conclusion to our coverage of The […]
- The Anasazi Part 1There are wonders within the boundaries of what is now the United States that way too many people don't know about. Continuing our dedication to Native American History Month we present the first part of the people that are known by some as the Anasazi. Also, we learn what happens when a cowpoke decides poking […]
- The Serpent MoundThe indigenous people of what is now called Ohio decided to make themselves a monument and we're gonna talk about it. The location is the largest effigy mound in the world and we will be sure to explain what an effigy mound is right near the beginning (sort of) so you aren't lost!
- Rebecca ZahauSometimes the official story seems mighty sus. This week, Acadia and Shooey take a look at the case of Rebecca Zahau, who was declared a suicide and the facts of the case seem to point to the absolute opposite of that. Come with us to sunny San Deigo as we dig into this sad story.
- Demons, Mistakes, and Kennedy IfeSince this is the Halloween episode for 2021, we thought we would keep riding the demon train. Unfortunately, as usual, we learned that humans are what screws most things up. They certainly did in the case of Kennedy Ife. Also, we might directly and overtly attack pretty much all of the religions. I can't remember […]
- Danielle HarkinsWhen you send your kids to school, you have a reasonable expectation that they will not be brainwashed into believing that they have demons inside them that have to be let out. Unless Danielle Harkins is their teacher, then you totally should NOT have that expectation because it is gonna happen!